Table of Contents:
- Why You Don’t Have Energy …
- What is the E-Factor Diet?
- How Does the E-Factor Diet Work?
- The Pros and Cons Review of E-Factor Diet
- What if You Had Better Energy Today …
Why You Don’t Have Energy …
Back to Table of Contents
One of my biggest beliefs is that real food gives you real energy.
When you eat the right foods, your body gets a good energy. You can use this energy to finish your work and live a productive day. The more energy you have, the more things you can do – such as finishing your job, spending time with family, and contributing to charity.
On the other hand, when you eat the wrong foods, your body has a problem getting enough energy. You feel tired and exhausted, unable to go on with your day. You can’t finish your work at the office, you’re too tired to talk to your family, and you have no time to help solve problems in society.
If the foods you’re eating make you feel tired, how do you get your strength back?
John Rowley aims to help you get your strength back through his book, the E-Factor Diet. This book is the latest book from John, who has written other best-selling books on the topic of health and fitness.
How is this book different from the other books he has written, and from other diet books or programs? Read my E-Factor Diet review to find out what’s inside the book, how the diet works, and how John’s program can help you feel better energy.
What is the E-Factor Diet
Back to Table of Contents
The E-Factor Diet is a diet plan written by John Rowley. The book is available in PDF format that you can download inside the member’s area. There are several books that comprise this diet system. Details of each book are described below:
- The E-Factor Diet main book. This book is 106 pages long and contains the story of how John came to discover the E-Factors. It also contains the explanation of why the diet works and how to do the diet.
- Quick Start Guide. This guide is 13 pages long and contains the summary of the main book in bullet points. It helps you to remember the most important points and steps to do in your diet.
- Weight Loss Handbook. This booklet is only 5 pages but it contains the core science of how fat loss truly works. Reading this short booklet will help you understand how to truly burn fat.
- Grocery Guide. This 8-page guide contains the foods list that John recommends you to buy. The food you eat should be made from ingredients found inside this grocery list.
- Meal Planning Blueprint. This 25-page blueprint contains sample meal plans you can follow. The meal plans include menus for breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner and evening snack.
- Cheat Your Way to Trim. This guide is 12 pages long and explains why it’s important for you to eat cheat meals. Cheat meals are considered unhealthy but tasty foods. In this book, John gives tips on when to eat your cheat meals so they help you lose even more weight!
Although there are 6 books in total, I find that all the information you need is available in the main book. The other 5 shorter books simply divide the information of the main book into different books. This division allows you to find the information you are looking for with more ease.
Other than the 6 books above, you also get 5 bonuses:
- Fast Food Guide. This 9-page guide is probably my most favorite. It tells what foods you can order when you are eating at a fast food joint, such as Burger King, Starbucks, and McDonalds!
- Smoothie Shop. This guide contains 55 pages of smoothie recipes tried and tested by John. You can make smoothies when you want to eat something sweet without ruining your diet.
- All Day Energy Secrets. Being over 40, energy is a huge concern for you. This 11-page guide contains tips on how to get more energy doing simple things, including exercises.
- Joint Recovery Workshop. Other than energy, joint health is another huge concern for people over 40 years old. This workshop is a 65-minute long audio interview John did with an expert on joint health.
- Elite Support Community. When you purchase John’s programs, you get access to a Facebook group filled with people who are on the same journey as you. John is also in the group, along with several members of his team. I have found that often times, a support group such as this can be more valuable than the main program itself.
With all the content that you get in 9 books, one audio interview, and a support community, the E-Factor diet program offers much value.
How Does the E-Factor Diet Work?
Back to Table of Contents
With the number of processed foods we have today, it’s difficult to find real food that gives real energy. John says that “humans are the only living creatures that will eat something even though it makes us feel tired, sick, weak and awful.” John himself felt a drastic decrease in energy after he hit 40 years of age. He set out to find out why he was feeling less energy and what he could do to get it back …
John set out to find the recipe for ultimate health and easy fat loss. He had four parameters he wanted to achieve. These parameters were: increase energy, burn fat 24/7, digest foods properly, and enjoy every meal even on a diet.
These four parameters eventually became the four E Factors that comprise the E-Factor Diet:
1. Energetic Foods
Eating energetic foods helps you turn your carbs into usable long-term energy. It also trains your body to release your body fat and use it for fuel instead of carbs. Once your body uses up the stored fat, you will lose weight more easily.
2. Endothermic Foods
As John explains in the book:
Endothermic foods burn up to 25% more calories during digestion than other foods. By including these foods in your diet, you will boost the hormones that slow aging and speed up fat loss with The E-Factor Diet because food is the best medicine when it comes to burning fat, restoring your hormonal balance and slowing the aging process.
3. Enzymatic Foods
An explanation of enzymatic foods can be found on page 18:
What you eat is very important, but what you digest is what really counts. If your body doesn’t properly digest your food, your body cannot use it. Digestion is why enzymatic foods are so important. These foods help your body digest and properly utilize the nutrients in the foods you eat.
I had a Eureka moment after reading this paragraph. It’s obvious now that it’s not only about how much food you eat but also how much food you can digest. If your body digests only a small fraction of the food you eat, the rest become unusable energy. Therefore, although you eat a lot, you can still feel hungry and want to eat again. Having a good digestion is important for healthy weight loss.
4. Enjoy Every Meal
As much as it is important to eat right, it’s also important to enjoy the foods you eat. If you don’t enjoy what you eat, there’s no point in doing this program. You won’t like it, and you won’t stick with it long enough to see results.
As John says in his book:
It is a matter of personality, lifestyle and preference. Please don’t overlook that last sentence because it is the key to success with fat-loss and fitness. Your personality, lifestyle and preferences will determine if you will stick to something and consistency is the name of the game.
A sample menu plan to follow:
If you are wondering what a sample menu plan would look like for you, here is one you can follow (taken from the Meal Planning Blueprint book):
Morning meals and snacks:
- High protein
- Moderate fats
- Very low carbohydrates
- Include an enzymatic food or supplement
Midday meals and snacks:
- High protein
- Low fat
- Moderate starchy carbohydrate
Nighttime meals and snacks:
- High fat
- Moderate protein
- Low carbohydrate
Avoiding foods that are high in histamine is also an important part of this diet. John recommends you to eat mostly low histamine foods. You can find specific foods for each nutrient category above in the Grocery Guide.
When you follow the four E-Factors, you get the double benefit of losing weight and gaining energy. It’s important to note that although John gives you a guide on what and when to eat, you still have to measure your body’s response to what you eat. It means this diet plan will not be the same for every person, and that is a good thing.
E-Factor Diet Review: The Pros and Cons
#1 The book is easy to read, not too long and not too short
Other diet books are sometimes too long to read because they contain much scientific information. Or they are too short because most of the book contains recipes and foods list. The E-Factor Diet contains enough information, so you understand the basics and gives recipes in another separate book.
#2 You get a support community to help your journey
What makes this book different than others is you get a support community along with your purchase. A community is very important because you can ask questions to the coaches. You also meet people who are on the same journey as you. This community will keep you motivated when you start to lose motivation and help you solve the technical problems you have in your weight loss efforts.
#1 You don’t get many recipes for other meals
You do get a smoothie recipe book. If you want more recipes for meals that are low in histamine, you can find it in John’s “E-Factor Approved” recipe book, which is a separate purchase.
#2 You won’t get a shaped and toned body
The E-Factor diet helps you to lose weight and gain energy, but it doesn’t give you workout routines to tone and shape your body. If you only want the benefit of getting more energy, then this program is enough. But if you also want to get in shape, then you need to add a workout program.
What if You Had Better Energy Today …
Back to Table of Contents
That is my review about the E-Factor Diet by John Rowley. As you can see, you get a good value for the price of purchase in the form of 9 books, one audio interview, and a support community (Facebook group). The books give you information about how to eat to get more energy, what foods to eat, and when to eat them.
If you take the information inside this program and apply it today, what would be different in your life? You could use your new found energy to finish the work you’ve wanted to do. You could use it to spend more time with your family and talk to them. Or you could use it to work on your long-term life project that you’ve been dreaming of for a long time.
Whatever it is you decide to do, know that your life is within your control. Stop becoming a victim to the processed, mass-marketed foods you see every day. Eat real foods and get real energy. Start being responsible for your health and live the life you desire.